Hiel Swimming Pool service contractors share some swimming pool history and trivia. Feel free to pull this information out and share with friends and family during your next pool party.
Here is some swimming pool trivia:
- Did you know that close to 70% of all people in the United States don’t know how to swim?
- The average person makes 25,000 quarts of saliva over the course of a lifetime; enough to fill two pools!
- The crawl is the most popular and the fastest swimming stroke of all.
- Swimming strengthens all of your body’s major muscles including your heart and lungs
- An hour of swimming burns off close to 700 calories; more than walking or biking.
- Swimming is the best cardiovascular exercise for you because the water’s resistance is 10 times stronger than the air.
- Swimming reduces stress
- Swimming is a perfect, no impact exercise for anyone needing physical therapy or rehabilitation from another injury.
- The slowest Olympic swim stroke is the breast stroke
- The bikini was named after a nuclear testing site in the South Pacific called Bikini Atoll
What pool trivia or interesting information can you share with us?
If you’re in the market, this summer for a new swimming pool service contractor, give our office a call and have us come out, inspect your pool and give you an estimate on pool service for the summer. We are highly experienced, detail-oriented pool service contractors serving Rancho Bernardo, California.